Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Hello! This course guide has been created for students enrolled in an ENGL 1001: Introduction to Rhetoric & Composition course. In this guide, you will find several resources intended to help with your research-related coursework.
Below are the interactive tutorials that you should complete prior to your classes scheduled session with a Librarian, followed by a description of the pages found in the menu above.
Complete each interactive tutorial prior to your section's scheduled session with a Librarian. Each tutorial should take about 5-7 minutes to complete. If your professor is requesting proof that you completed the tutorials, be sure to provide your name at the beginning. This will be used to generate a certificate of completion once the tutorial has been completed.
- Research Guides - These guides provide lists of the best databases and library resources to use based on your information needs. Clicking on 'Research Guides' will bring you to a list of guides for disciplines such as computer science, engineering, or business analytics. However, in the drop-down menu I've singled out guides relevant to this assignment. Each discipline's research guide can help determine which database's provide access to primary source scholarly articles
- Research Tutorials - Designed to cover the basics of college-level research and a few more advanced tips and strategies that should help you with research for this course. If you look at our tutorials and still have questions, please Ask a Librarian for help!
- Citation Guides & Other Resources
- MLA, APA, and Chicago Style Guides - Easy-to-use guides for commonly used citation guidelines, including in-text citations, references, and general formatting standards. Important: Be sure to use the citation style specific by your professor.
- Use a Citation Generator Safely - Many of our databases provide tools that generate citations for sources found in them. This guide provides an overview of where those tools are usually found (it varies between databases), and a few things to keep in mind when using them.