Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UPDATES REGARDING LIBRARY RESOURCES AND SERVICES
The DiMenna-Nyselius Library is open. To learn more about our resources and services, visit the link below
More details here. →
What should I write about?
The following are optional writing prompts created by librarians and The Writing Center staff and tutors.
You can choose one to help you craft your letter, or come up with your own.
Letter #1 - October
- What are you excited for this semester?
- What’s your theme song for the fall?
- Share an inspirational quote that has been helpful for you during this time
- Any great memories related to your time at Fairfield University?
Letter #2- November
- Have you picked up any new hobbies this year?
- What is your dream travel destination?
- Write a poem, or share one that you like. You can also share song lyrics. Explain what the poem or lyrics means to you.
- What’s one object you would not want to do without now?
Letter #3- December
- What are you doing for the holidays or during the academic break?
- What are your favorite holiday traditions?
- Share a family recipe.
- Share a list of books or movies you plan to indulge in during the break.