Hello! This course guide has been created for students enrolled in MUSC 1132 Critical Issues in American Popular Music. In this guide, you will find several resources intended to help with your research coursework.
- Background Sources- We will be using Oxford Music and Pop Culture Universe in the research class but you can use other sources on this tab as well.
- Finding Books & Media- The Library has print and electronic books in addition to films that may be of interest.
- Research Guides- View the Music Research Guide for links to database and other resources. Our databases will retrieve results for journal articles, book chapters, newspaper and magazine articles, interviews, etc. You can also see the full list of other subject guides that may be relevant to your topic.
- MLA Citation Guide-Remember to cite your sources in-text and create a Works Cited page. Songs should be cited as well.
- Research Tutorials- Some of our tutorials are listed here.