Hello! This course guide has been created for students enrolled in an NUTR 7025: Nutritional Biochemistry course. In this guide, you will find several resources intended to help with your research-related coursework.
Interactive Tutorials - Here are links to 3 interactive tutorials that will help you understand basic research skills.
Below is a description of the pages found in the menu at the top of this guide.
- Using the Library Website
- Using the Library Catalog - Learn all the tips and tricks for searching the Library's catalog.
- Finding Peer-Reviewed Articles - This page contains a list of databases that contain scholarly and peer-reviewed journal articles, along with a few things to keep in mind when conducting your research.
- Find and Use eBooks - Explains how to search for and use eBooks.
- Access Individual Journals & Specific Articles - Describes the process used to locate and search for individual journals, either to browse by topic or to access specific articles.
- Research Skills & Strategies
- Advanced Search Tips - A few key tools and strategies to create a search focused on your research needs.
- Brainstorm Key Terms for a Search - Learn how to formulate a research question based on a topic, and generate keywords that can be used in the Library's catalog and databases.
- Identifying Scholarly Sources - Tips for identifying and finding peer-reviewed and scholarly sources.
- Assess Website Quality & Reliability - Outlines five criteria for assessing the quality and reliability of websites.
- Use Reference Lists to Find More Sources - Look through reference lists of sources you already have to find additional sources. Plus, use Google Scholar to find sources that cite the sources you've found.
- APA Guide & Citation Resources
- APA Style Guide - An easy-to-use guide on APA citation guidelines, including in-text citations, references, and general formatting standards.
- How to Generate a Citation - Get help formatting your citations by using citation generators in the Library's catalog and databases.
- Zotero User Guide - Provides help with setting up a Zotero account, and covers the basics of saving and citing sources.