Welcome to the Tests & Measures Guide.
This guide will show you how to search for articles, tests, and test reviews, descriptions and reproductions both online and in print.
What Are They?
What are Tests & Measures?
Tests and Measures are standardized instruments, including questionnaires, inventories and scales that are used to evaluate populations, individuals or processes.
What Do I Search For?
To get the best search results for your assignment, you need to consider the following questions:
- What type of resources do I need?
- Do I need test reviews, the actual instrument or both?
- Am I looking for a specific test, or for tests on a certain subject?
- Do I need research studies that have used specific tests?
- Where should I look?
- What database or other resources will have what I need?
- Am I looking for a test that has been commercially published?
- Is the test in print?
- What do I need the resources for?
- Will I need to use the tests on subjects? What permissions do I need to get?
Why Can't I Get the Actual Test?
The library offers print resources, databases, and links to online materials to help you locate these Tests & Measures materials.
However, it is often difficult to find the actual testing instruments because of some or all of the following reasons:
- Many products are commercially created copyrighted material, requiring a fee for use.
- Credentials may be required to administer the test.
- Overexposure could familiarize test-takers with the material and make it less useful.
What are the Responsibilities of Test Users?
Anyone administering a test has several ethical responsibilities.