Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UPDATES REGARDING LIBRARY RESOURCES AND SERVICES
The DiMenna-Nyselius Library is open for current Fairfield University students, faculty, and staff only. To learn more about our resources and services, visit the link below
More details here. →
Hello! This course guide has been created for students enrolled in an NURS 7521: Healthcare Leadership Roles for System Improvement course. In this guide, you will find several resources intended to help with your research-related coursework.
Interactive Tutorials - Here are links to the 3 interactive tutorials.
Below is a description of the pages found in the menu at the top of this guide.
- Using the Library Website
- Using the Library Catalog - Learn all the tips and tricks for searching the Library's catalog.
- Finding Peer-Reviewed Articles - This page contains a list of databases that contain scholarly and peer-reviewed journal articles, along with a few things to keep in mind when conducting your research.
- Find and Use eBooks - Explains how to search for and use eBooks.
- Access Individual Journals & Specific Articles - Describes the process used to locate and search for individual journals, either to browse by topic or to access specific articles.
- Research Skills & Strategies
- Advanced Search Tips - A few key tools and strategies to create a search focused on your research needs.
- Brainstorm Key Terms for a Search - Learn how to formulate a research question based on a topic, and generate keywords that can be used in the Library's catalog and databases.
- Identifying Scholarly Sources - Tips for identifying and finding peer-reviewed and scholarly sources.
- Assess Website Quality & Reliability - Outlines five criteria for assessing the quality and reliability of websites.
- Use Reference Lists to Find More Sources - Look through reference lists of sources you already have to find additional sources. Plus, use Google Scholar to find sources that cite the sources you've found.
- APA Guide & Citation Resources
- APA Style Guide - An easy-to-use guide on APA citation guidelines, including in-text citations, references, and general formatting standards.
- How to Generate a Citation - Get help formatting your citations by using citation generators in the Library's catalog and databases.
- Zotero User Guide - Provides help with setting up a Zotero account, and covers the basics of saving and citing sources.