Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UPDATES REGARDING LIBRARY RESOURCES AND SERVICES
The DiMenna-Nyselius Library is open. To learn more about our resources and services, visit the link below
More details here. →
Hello! This course guide has been created for students enrolled in an NURS 1100: Introduction to Professional Nursing course. In this guide, you will find several resources intended to help with your Nurse Leaders assignment.
Below is a description of the pages found in the left-hand menu:
- APA Guide & Citation Resources
- APA Style Guide - An easy-to-use guide on APA citation guidelines, including in-text citations, references, and general formatting standards.
- How to Generate a Citation - Many of our databases provide tools that generate citations for sources found in them. This guide provides an overview of where those tools are usually found (it varies between databases), and a few things to keep in mind when using them.
- Zotero User Guide - Zotero is a free citation management tool that can be used to help organize and keep track of all the citations you collect for the assignment. This guide can help get you started, but please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.
- Research Tutorials
- Advanced Search Tips - A few key tools and strategies to create a search focused on your research needs.
- Optimize Your Research - In this tutorial we introduce filters, functionality found in most databases that allow you to narrow results based on criteria such as date published, source type, language, and more.
- Assess Website Quality & Reliability - Outlines five criteria for assessing the quality and reliability of websites.
- Differentiate Between Primary & Secondary Sources - Describes the difference between primary and secondary sources, explains why your intended use of a source can influence whether it's considered primary or secondary, and provides examples of each for different disciplines.
- Find and Use eBooks - Explains how to search for and use eBooks.