Welcome to the online guide for the MUSC 1102 Library Research Session!
Final Research Paper- the final exam is a research paper 8-10 pages on a major topic or musical innovator. Specific guidelines will be given in class but here are a few:
- Standard MLA paper form
- Minimum of 5 sources, with no more than two reliable internet sources permitted.
- Class books may not be used as references.
- Musical analysis must be included and the recordings cited as well.
Use this guide to find helpful sources for your research paper. The types of materials in this guide include:
- Background Sources: online or in print, these include encyclopedias and dictionaries.
- Books: search for print an electronic books in the library catalog
- Articles: search for scholarly or popular articles (such as newspaper or magazine articles) in library databases
Research Librarians are here to help you with your assignment so please contact us should you need any assistance. You can contact us via instant message, email, text us at (203) 295-7542, or schedule an individual research appointment. Additional information about library hours, citation help, etc. is located on the library home page.
image: Downtown Performance Center, 1994, Tucson, AZ, Photographed by: Tim Drescher. From the database, ARTstor Community Murals Collection (Timothy Drescher)