Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UPDATES REGARDING LIBRARY RESOURCES AND SERVICES
The DiMenna-Nyselius Library is open. To learn more about our resources and services, visit the link below
More details here. →
Hello! This course guide has been created for students enrolled in course IDSN 6999 Capstone Studio. In this guide, you will find several resources intended to help with your research coursework.
Below is a description of the pages found in the menu above.
- Interior Design Research Guide - A list of the databases and other library resources that will provide articles and books relevant for Interior Design research.
- Population and Trends - Find useful data to help you determine an ideal town/city for your building and locate industry trends.
- Research Tutorials
- Assess Website Quality & Reliability - Outlines five criteria for assessing the quality and reliability of websites.
- Brainstorm Key Terms for a Search - Learn how to formulate a research question based on a topic, and generate keywords that can be used in the Library's catalog and databases.
- Use Google Scholar - Covers the search features of Google Scholar as well as how to connect back to Library resources.
- Conduct a Literature Review - Learn how to conduct and write literature reviews.
- Use Reference Lists to Find More Sources - Look through reference lists of sources you already have to find additional sources. Plus, use Google Scholar to find sources that cite the sources you've found.
- Write an Annotated Bibliography - Covers the basics of annotated bibliographies, including definitions of key terms, the basics of formatting, and examples for MLA, APA, and Chicago.
- MLA Guide & Citation Resources
- MLA Style Guide - An easy-to-use guide on MLA citation guidelines, including in-text citations, references, and general formatting standards.
- How to Generate a Citation - Many of our databases provide tools that generate citations for sources found in them. This guide provides an overview of where those tools are usually found (it varies between databases), and a few things to keep in mind when using them
Library Research Prize
Proud of your project? Consider applying for the Library Research Prize. You could win $1,000 and bragging rights