Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
UPDATES REGARDING LIBRARY RESOURCES AND SERVICES
The DiMenna-Nyselius Library is open. To learn more about our resources and services, visit the link below
More details here. →
Hello! This course guide has been created for the Engineering Capstone. In this guide, you will find several resources intended to help with you along the way.
Below is a description of the pages found in the tabs above:
- Engineering Research Guides - These guides provide lists of the best databases and library resources to use based on your information needs. Clicking on 'Research Guides' will bring you to a list of guides for disciplines such as computer science, engineering, or information systems. However, in the drop-down menu I've singled out guides relevant to this assignment. Each discipline's research guide can help determine which database's provide access to primary source scholarly articles. I've also pulled out the information we have on patent research in case you need it.
- Engineering Ethics Resources - This page has two categories of information. Databases where you can find information on the ethical implications of your capstone project, as well as an assortment of books to get you started.
- Research Tutorials
- Advanced Search Tips - A few key tools and strategies to create a search focused on your research needs.
- Optimize Your Research - In this tutorial we introduce filters, functionality found in most databases that allow you to narrow results based on criteria such as date published, source type, language, and more.
- Access Individual Journals & Specific Articles - Describes the process used to locate and search for individual journals, either to browse by topic or to access specific articles.
- Use Google Scholar - Covers the search features of Google Scholar as well as how to connect back to Library resources.
- Assess Website Quality & Reliability - Outlines five criteria for assessing the quality and reliability of websites.
- Use Copyrighted Materials Appropriately - Learn how to incorporate copyrighted materials appropriately into research.
- IEE Style Guide & Citation Resources
- IEEE Style Guide - An easy-to-use guide on IEEE citation guidelines, including in-text citations, references, and general formatting standards.
- Use a Citation Generator Safely - Many of our databases provide tools that generate citations for sources found in them. This guide provides an overview of where those tools are usually found (it varies between databases), and a few things to keep in mind when using them.
- Zotero & RefWorks User Guides - Zotero and RefWorks are citation management tools that help organize and keep track of all the citations you collect for an assignment. These guides can help get you started, but please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions