Hello! This course guide has been created for students enrolled in SOCI/SWRK 2400 - Introduction to Social Work. In this guide, you will find several resources intended to help with your research assignment.
Below is a description of the pages found in the menu at the top of this guide:
- Research Guides - We've provided links to the psychology, sociology, and social work research guides. In each of them, you will want to use the databases listed in the 'Find Articles' box. Those are databases which provide access to scholarly journals.
- APA Style Guide - An easy-to-use guide on APA citation guidelines, including in-text citations, references, and general formatting standards.
- Research Tutorials
- Access Individual Journals & Specific Articles - Describes the process used to locate and search for individual journals, either to browse by topic or to access specific articles.
- Brainstorm Key Terms for a Search - Learn how to formulate a research question based on a topic, and generate keywords that can be used in the Library's catalog and databases.
- Conduct a Literature Review - Learn how to conduct and write literature reviews.
- Find Peer-Reviewed/Scholarly Articles - Learn how to find peer-reviewed and scholarly articles in the Library's catalog.