Downloading EBSCO Ebooks
Download Bluefire for your mobile device.
You will need an Adobe ID, separate from NetID, to read the ebook. You can create an Adobe ID in Bluefire on your mobile device.
Directions for using library books in Bluefire.
After you download the ACSM file or ebook to your computer, you can e-mail the file as an attachment to your mobile device.
On your mobile device, open the e-mail and open the attachment and select to open it with Bluefire Reader.
In Bluefire Reader, you will need to authorize your device by logging in with an Adobe ID.
If you do not have an Adobe ID, you can click on 'Create a free Adobe ID' and follow the directions on screen.
- Once you have accessed an EBSCO ebook, click on "Download This eBook" located on the left-hand side of the screen.
- You will be asked to sign in. Click "sign in now."
- On the login page, enter your user name & password if you already have an EBSCO account. If you do not have an EBSCO account, you can create one for free by clicking on "Create new account" from the top right. This is separate from your Fairfield NetID and password.
- Fill out the registration form and click "Save Changes." When your credentials are accepted, your account will be created and you can now download the book.
- In the next window, select your checkout period from 1 to 7 days. Then, choose "check out & download."
- At this point the download will begin. To view EBSCO ebooks on your computer or device, you need to have Adobe Digital Editions installed. If you do not, you can download the free software by clicking on "Adobe Digtial Editions" from the download window and follow the instructions.
- Once your checkout period expires, you may check the book out again for another period of time by repeating these steps.
- For further assistance, ask a librarian.