Last Updated: Nov 22, 2013
Already a Refworks user? Just login.
RefWorks is an online bibliography manager that allows users to create their own personal database by importing references from text files or databases. They can use these references in writing papers and automatically format the bibliography in seconds. You can create a free personal account. For off-campus access enter the group code. Learn more: RefWorks User Guide.
What is RefWorks?
- RefWorks is citation manager software that keeps track of the sources you are using for your research and your own notes about them.
- RefWorks is internet-accessible (http://www.refworks.com/refworks), and allows everyone in the Fairfield University community a free, private account. You will be asked to register the first time you use it.
Why use RefWorks?
- You can organize your notes, and compile your bibliography and footnotes, easily, correctly, from anywhere. References can be imported from the library catalog and from database searches, or entered manually. Once you have entered or imported your citation information you can create a bibliography in many style formats, including APA, MLA, and Chicago Manual of Style.
Use Refworks when you start your research to keep track of your citations
- Export citations directly from the library catalog
- Export citations directly from library databases
Use Refworks to create your blibliography
- Refworks will create a bibliography or works cited page in whatever citation style you want
Use Write N Cite for your in-text citations
- If you use Microsoft Word to write your papers, download the Write N Cite application and use it while you write your paper to generate in-text citations